Truefaced

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death. The him that the word is refering to here is Satan. No matter what your stand is on end time events I think all Christians should be aware that our adversary the devil, is walking around seeking whom he may devour. I Peter 5:8 tells us to be sober, be vigilant.
Ever since I began this blog I have been wondering if the readers are aware that the eniemy is not going to want them to go through with the Truefaced Experience. To be mature enough to realize your need for a closer relationship with Jesus , thus reading this book means to me that certainly you must have some experience. Yet I wonder, what kind of a group are you in, or who are you around. Lord willing they are able to give you the love and support that you need as you are doing the best you can to be real. However, for the dear heart who has a well meaning friend who is not supportive, hang in there ! How nice it would be if everyone could understand us or just love us, the way that Jesus does.
It won't happen for you, I am almost certain. Even Jesus did not have a circle of friends who said the right things all the time.
Think of His episode with Peter. In Matt 16:23 Jesus had to tell him, "you are not savouring the things that be of God." Paraphased . Also, while teaching Jesus gave a parable that we refer to as the prodical son parable.
For those who know this parable I would like to offer you the idea that the parable has been named wrongly. It is the elder brother parable. Most assuredly there is going to be one, for every prodical before he goes into the party his father has invited him into. You may even find yourself being the elder brother. How awful is that ? Pretty awful. Hang in there.
I was faced with this, and my well meaning friend said," stop being like that." Right. In whose strength was she sugesting I do that in. Now she may have meant to say, "Seek the LORD until you find Him. Ask Him to give you grace to help you repent of this attitude. "
However, she didn't. But that doesn't matter now, because I did seek Him and I did find Him and fortuneately for me, I had the DVD at my home that the guy gives that talk in at the beginning of the classes.
You can buy that for yourselves people. I would almost recomend it.
Although it seems like an extravagance of money. However, when I listened to it again. Sitting there this time knowing what I knew about myself. So much more than the first time I had heard it. When he came to that part about where the people were beginning to open up to each other and say things like, "I forgot my kids birthday, and I don't even have a regular prayer time." The other guy says,"Is that the best you got ?" And then he goes on and tells him his stuff.
Well, I tend to respond alot like the elder brother sometimes, and sometimes I get alittle carried away with myself and think I know better than everyone one else, and sometimes I even wonder if Satan isn't trying to get his bluff in on me and get me to say the wrong things.
It is the best I got. Go ahead and take it in to Jesus. He is still going to love you . He is still going to be glad to hear the truth. Remember, He REJOICES in the truth. Yes, He is going to tell you how to repent.
He uses the Bible. You know that. Yet how often do we get to see what He told us about in action ? People willing to accept us with our sins, wash our feet as it were, with a faith in His forgiveness. Not to often.
Dare to become that kind of person. Go to Him first and let Him know the real you. Let Him assure you that if you were sitting there at that table before His crusification , He would come and wash your feet.
Would you let Him ? If the answer is no. Go back and read Matt 16:23 again. See sometimes a rebuke is good. Sometimes it is the wake up call we need so we get on track again. Even if the person didn't say it the way you would of liked to heard it. Take it to Him. He'll reword it for you.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home