Truefaced

Friday, March 09, 2007

As I move into chapter 4 of Truefaced Experience I am finding the subject matter very relevant to my life right now.
It has been my earlier experiences of spiritual growth to meditate on God's word. The truth , be transformed by the renewing of your mind, became real to me after I read the book Hinds Feet in High Places, the third time. When I began reading that book I felt so connected to Much Afraid. I could not love, not even have a human love it seemed. I was so miserable . As I read the story written by Hannah Hurnard it projected hope for me that somehow Love could be a fruit in me. A seed was planted in Much Afraid's heart and she took off on a journey. It was the only hope I had . The promise seemed there for me in God's word, be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, so off I went.
Later I learned the importance of allowing the Holy Spirit be involved in the promise. I do not regret meditating on God's word. I just know that it wasn't until I started letting the Holy Spirit rain on that word, that change began to take effect in my life.
Now there are promises that come with this chapter in our books that I want to meditate on , and allow the Holy Spirit do it's work in me. As I prepare a new post, it will show above this one but I hope it will be helpful to others on this journey. Please take the time to print the scriptures out and ask the Holy Spirit to make them real to your heart. If these fellows were inspired by the Holy Spirit when they wrote this book we should together receive confirmation. Not just go along nodding our heads, but know it in our hearts.

1 comment(s):

The fellows that wrote Truefaced Experience I am talking about.

By Blogger Diane B, at 3:54 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home