Truefaced

Monday, October 16, 2006

The Approval Seeking Child. One of my hiding styles, found in Hiding From Love by Dr.John Townsend. Finding a style of hiding is not like finding a sin, however the enemy does tempt me to see if he can make me feel bad about it. I only know that the mere fact that I have been made aware of the problem is evidence of the Holy Spirit in my life. This joy, that our God would be willing to take so much time with me, to un-tangle the mess of my life, gives me strength !
I found this on page 47 Truefaced by Thrall,McNicol,and Lynch,
If my motive is Trusting God,
Then my value will be Living Out of Who God says I am,
And my action will be Standing with God, with My Sin
in front of Us, Working on It Together.
The approval seeking child, of course has an under-ground sin.
For instance ....pride......In that old life of pleasing God , I needed to feel like I was getting rid of the sin for God, before I felt that I could enter His presence. Now I see what a waste of time that was, because He (Jesus) is my redeemer ! He does not share the credit for getting rid of my sins , with me ! He expects nothing but thankfulness for what He has done !

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home