Truefaced

Thursday, July 13, 2006

When in my flesh I want to do good, I develop all kinds of hiding styles . Realizing there is only ONE GOOD PERSON shakes the ground of my Pleasing God room and makes me want to return to the room of Trusting God. Only by trusting God can I ever hope to be transformed into the son that I am suppose to be . It is by His grace and His grace alone that I can even enter the room . I must trust in His goodness, not mine .
So let me share with you a little more of my anti-goodness found in me . So deceitful is this trait you may want to ponder this for a moment because I doubt any of us "Christians" have never used this hiding style before .
SOAPBOX . Sure getting on your soapbox is a hiding style .
Does getting on your soapbox bring you or others any closer to JESUS ?
It can get so tricky here because there are so many ways to be appearing to do just that , when in fact it is a soapbox that you are on, not a mission for JESUS at all. Then after all is said and done, (there might be a done) you can do the same thing that you were doing before but this time it is not a soapbox but a SPIRIT LED Mission .
In fact this whole blog idea that I had, might have been a soapbox thing from the beginning , however , I believe for the changing power of our LORD JESUS CHRIST to change me .
It is my firm conviction that the only way to change is to step out in faith and trust Him that He has changed me . In other words waiting to blog when the day comes that He has released me from my soapbox style of hiding , is not an option .
So let me share with you what Hiding From Love by Dr.John Townsend says about the soapbox style of hiding . It's defensive behavior is : having an opposite reaction to injured part of soul resulting in passion against others in that area. Recommended step for quitting this kind of style is : Learn to question authority and still feel safe: so it becomes a friend and not an enemy.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home