Truefaced

Friday, April 21, 2006

Would You Like To Know my purpose ? I have been reading a book that has to do with mask wearing and the fact that Christian's in general have a difficult time being their real selves. I find what he has to say interesting and feel that he has a gift for letting people know "himself". His purpose is to be real ,so you the reader will fear less, and be real too. (My take on it.) He has found out that the real person, is loved by God.
It is not an easy truth to come too. That God loves you, all of you all the way down under all those masks you have ever worn. There are a whole large group of people that find it hard. Mainly because those significant others in their lives, just don't get it. When they dare to be real, out jumps their supposedly loving other and says, "I knew it !" I knew you were not being real and now you've proven it , and look what a mess you are." Basically what they imply is, "do you really think God loves you now ?"
"Well, obviously you might not," would be a good reply if you could get them to be so honest. And the dear saint who is standing there all vulnerable and with out a mask , must believe, "yes, God loves me now." The only way I know to get there is to believe that God's love is not based on our righteous deeds or our righteousness. As long as we think that possibly His love will be snuffed out by our unrighteousness the risk of taking off the mask is going to be to great. What I hope my purpose is , is to stand with you and say, "Yes, He does, God loves you now."
Perhaps the author of this book I am reading is getting this across to his readers. That he dared to be real and found out, God loved him and now you can be encouraged to find this out too.
Only what do you do , if you not only have an inner battle to fight but an outward one as well? What if every time you take a chance to be yourself and someone let's you know, they do not like the real you ? It is hard to be real then isn't it ? Of course, for me , I always knew they would not like me, because I did not like myself. It never surprised me that they would spout off with their critiques because I had been critiquing myself for years.
I just decided recently that it was a waste of time. The self that I would like, would become that way quicker if I would just accept that God loved me and go on. Oh, I do not want to deny the Holy Spirit time to convict me. I don't think that will happen anytime soon. But trying to fix up the self that they did not like so that they will like it, no, I don't have time.So why spend time thinking about it ?
If I hear someone say, "This mask I have been wearing, I want to stop." I want to be ready when it comes off to say, "there you are, God loves you."

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home