Truefaced

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My favorite Line in Chapter One: As a friend has said when describing her life behind the mask,"The trouble with papier-mache is that it doesn't reflect." TrueFaced page 34

I have a friend whose call is to encourage others to be a light. Not hide their light under a bushel.
She has seen that when she let the light the LORD had given her, just shine what a difference it made in her life. I think it is great that we have paired up. My call is to encourage others that it is a part of God's plan for them to come out from hiding. When we draw nigh unto Him, He does draw nigh unto us.
My friend might not keep her light out 24-7 and I certainly can not keep from hiding from God's love 24-7. However for every moment of Grace that we are given it seems like it is more than we should keep for ourselves. Our LORD's Mercy and Grace is abundant !

The other day I was grieved about judging people. You know how it is. Your mouth may not open but in your heart, you know what you did. When I went to the LORD in prayer about it the first thing that came to my mind was the part of the LORD's prayer, forgive us for our trespasses as we forgive others for when they have trespassed against us. "LORD", I said, "I have tried to forgive these people who have judged me before," then I paused. A similar phrase came to my mind of a time when the disciples were out fishing and Jesus said, "Cast your net out to the other side." Now I know this seems to have no real connection, fishing and forgiving. Except they both are an act of our will. It is just that with fishing , they were throwing out a net and coming up empty. I had been saying for years, LORD I want to forgive these people who have judged me and come up empty. The fruit that showed I had not forgiven them being, that I was still judging others. So the LORD in His mercy gave me a picture, along with this pause to reflect on this story, I saw the ship and the net, and I said to the LORD, "never the less LORD if you say so, I will try one more time."
You know I think that is what He is after. A people who will just not give up. Try one more time at His bidding. Maybe I will still on occasion find myself judging , but we are getting somewhere. My masks are cracking and as I am going back through this book for the second time I am really seeing so much more than I did the first time.
If you are reading it and not getting much out of it. If you are thinking , well, I will read this so I can help others remove their masks, or so I can be more understanding. Good ! Just keep reading. You are so right ! This book will help you , help others.
May God bless you all. It is such a joy to share with you. HIS LIGHT SHINING on me is more to be desired than gold, more precious than silver and more beautiful than diamonds. If you can be a helper that helps others break their masks so they can know of the beautifulness of OUR LORD , please keep reading.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home