Truefaced

Monday, June 05, 2006

HOW DID HE DO IT ? Do you know this guy David , the one who was known as "a man after God's own heart ?" Now he did not live his entire life without using a mask . There were plenty of times the mask went up however, I think deep inside he knew , he did not have to wear it . Somehow the realness that the God he served would give him grace . There fore he trusted Him . Daily my life reflects whether or not I receive my Lord's grace . It shows up when someone is around . When people are around me , it is not that I have suddenly forgot that I have received God's grace . The people around me have made a choice to receive or not receive His grace . Their individual choice really should not affect me . Except if they do not like me because I have received the grace of God . This seems to be what bothered King Saul . David had God's favor, undeserved , certainly unearned . I am sure David wondered why God chose to make it apparent to King Saul of his grace receiving ability . Perhaps it was to display for Saul that there was a way to repentance , still in his unstable ways . Perhaps there was still hope for Saul and so God placed the one who could witness for Him as close to Saul as He dared so the truth could be seen .
Being able to believe that God has chosen me , to give His grace to is hard . Especially if a few folks rather doubt that I could be that special .
Maybe I will get into heaven alright , but isn't God just putting up with me ? After all look at all the mistakes I keep making . Perhaps the majority rules . Surely God likes the brothers out there in the field who work hard all the time and never stop to party , more than He likes me .
Maybe I had better look like them so they will like me . Once again, a mask appears , I am not where I was with God , but I am sure He won't mind . Doesn't He want me to get along ?
You know there was a time that I would have condemned myself for putting on the mask again . However, today I am thankful that I did not want to have the mask up and maybe by the grace of God I will do better next time . There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus and His love covers me .

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home