Truefaced

Monday, May 01, 2006

IT WAS THE TRUTH IN LOVE ....OUCH About 25 years ago I was full of zeal, and little else. I was sure serving my Jesus my way without concern for others was all I needed to do. I was sure I was right. The church I was going to backed up what I was doing with scripture found in the Holy Bible. One day someone was shocked at what I was doing and walked over and bopped me in the head. I looked at him in shock, then remembered my Christian values and said, "Here, here is the other cheek." He socked me right in the eye. I had a black eye for a week. It took a long time for the message he was trying to get across that day to sink in. My religious zeal kept all truth from my mind. It is amazing what experience can teach you. How merciful Our Lord is to open the eyes of my heart. A hope of really knowing Jesus kept gnawing at me. I knew a relationship with Jesus could be real, I just wasn't doing something right. However, this fellow had truth but not much love (the kind one has from knowing Jesus ) . He just knew what I was doing wasn't right . He didn't care to live his life as an example of what was right.
Fast forward 25 years later. I meet people full of zeal, just like I was. I meet people who would like to bop those people on the head, if they come around them. I am shocked ! Is head bopping scriptural ? Did Paul ever bop anyone on the head ? Well, the zealous religious people pose a problem. Yeah, I know about that. I was a problem for a long , long time. I still have a lot of zeal. How zeal and a sincere hunger for righteousness got mixed up in the same human, I'll never know. Lord,help me love the zealous person, just like You love me. Lord, help me love potential head boppers, just like I know You love them.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home