Truefaced

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Prayer For Serenity
God grant me the serenity to accept the things
I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it.
Trusting that You will make all things right,
if I surrender to Your will,
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and
supremely happy with You forever in the next.
Amen
Keeping my expectations of my self at a reasonable level is really difficult for me. That is why I would run a muck so many times before. Because my expectations were higher than the actual work that had been done in me, I would begin faking it.
Still I have to careful to let His expectations to be met. If I hide because He is not done with me yet, what kind of a witness would that be? On the other hand, if I do not hide , and do not fake it, people will know , He is not done with me yet.
How I handle that He is not done with them, is probably going to be the way that they handle that He is not done with me.
How I handle that they are still faking it, is probably the way they would treat me if I was still faking it, or relaspe and start faking it again.
Knowing the difference now, I would so much prefer that straight truth approach. Just lay it out here for me , tell me what you see.
Only most are smart enough to know that you do not see what is in another's eye unless you yourself seem to be bothered by that very thing in your own eye. It is because we can not freely talk about our sins with each other that I think we hide.
If someone talks to me about their sin , I want to be honest with them.
It is sin. However, Jesus never said, "Only you holy folks that don't sin anymore, follow me." He said, "Pick up your cross and follow me." Maybe that means dieing to self . Maybe that means ,follow Him and let everybody know you are still a work in progress.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home