Truefaced

Thursday, July 27, 2006

OVERCOMING THE SHAME OF HIDING
"There is no shame in being poor," I said to my daughter recently. There is no shame in Jesus . As I read through the references on ashamed in the Bible, I see several times in Psalms that David asks to not be ashamed. Several time in the New Testament we are exhorted to not be ashamed. It is almost like it is a decision on our part. To decide to know that we have nothing to be ashamed of. Our past mistakes can bring regret but it does not need to bring shame.
As we read through our book Truefaced Experience the hiding styles we have used in the past begin to become evident. I wonder if anyone is wanting to hide , how they were hiding?
I do not guess you have to make a public statement about how you "were" hiding. The main goal here is to break the habit of hiding and trust God.
I use to have a wonderful mask "called poor." I can not tell you how well this mask has helped me all these years. It has kept me from over indulging the flesh. It has kept me from sinning. I guess I have been absolutely fearful to find out just how I would do if I was not poor. Several times the LORD has opened the door for me to be blessed financially. Yet each time I gave into unbelief and reverted back to my "need" to stay poor. That is not to say, there has not been some improvement as I have gone along.
I think the LORD is challenging me to be ready for an all time break through.
I don't want to be poor because it is "my will" to be poor.
Now if He wants me to be poor, of course that is alright with me.
I hope you can understand that I am only poor in terms of not having any extra money to meet financial needs that come along.
Yet I am so rich in the grace that my LORD Jesus Christ has given me.
So rich in the peace that passeth all understanding.
So rich in LOVE that He pours through me in the Spirit.
So rich in knowing Him. Knowing that if I draw nigh unto Him, He does draw nigh unto me. So very rich in so many things , I almost don't notice that I haven't quite got my paying the bills on time act together.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home