Truefaced

Saturday, January 13, 2007

What I Believe. It began with my believing that Jesus would really want to talk to me. Now this does not happen for everyone. Only a few people actually believe that Jesus really wants to know us. There are many who believe that Jesus wants us to be good. That He is happy when we are good. There are many that believe that if we are good , good things will happen to us. Just how many of those people actually believe that He wants to know them in a personal way ?
Some where in that mob of people ,there may be people who also believe this. However, I see it as more important than the other. It keeps coming back and haunting me when I begin to become active in the church community. I think, okay, I know He does not want me to just sit around on my hands, but how come every time I begin to become active , He asks me to sit down again ? Am I not to do anything ? Did He not say, Be a light unto the world ? How am I to be a light , if I sit down all the time and never do anything ?
Years of living in the mob has undoubtedly had it's toll on me. For once I knew there was no other great thing to do but commune with Jesus. Now I have a sense of urgency for the captive and the lost . Yet when I get up to help them, I lose what I had because I fall into their idea, Jesus is happy when I am good. Jesus will repay me with good things when I am good.
I sit down again and I wait.
I wait on His Word to speak life into this dead body.
I come alive when He speaks.
I live when He talks.
I give out of what He gives me, not what I have.
I speak words of praise to Him.
I must let Him know me.
I must give Him opportunity to speak to my whole person.
I must have an abundance before I try to share it ? Or atleast the faith of mustard seed that can see what I give multiply to feed thousands if need be.
However the greatest of these is LOVE, He said.
How can I get this LOVE to give ? By letting Him know me and LOVE me first.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home