Truefaced

Saturday, November 12, 2005

A SWEET SMELL

yes, a sweet smell is what I long to be.
How about you ? Can you imagine that what you do is a sweet smell ?
I think it can be so . I think that our lives are a smell to our King.

I think our choices affect our smell. I think our worship to our LORD and
King are a smell. I think what we do , everything, from washing the dog to cleaning the church, can be done as unto the LORD , and be worship.
I do think that it can be a worship that stinks. When I live my life to please Him. It stinks ! When I live my life in faith, trusting Him, it smells better.
Smells have a way of just easing up slowly. When you pass a skunk on the road as you drive by, oh yes, you know there is a skunk close by. For awhile you can still tell there was a skunk but slowly the smell goes away.
That is how I imagine it is with my leaving the room of pleasing God and entering the room of trusting God. Not an over night change . Just a constant change for the better as I go along.

A PLACE LARGER THAN A FOOTBALL STADIUM FULL OF
WORSHIPPERS. WORSHIPPING OUR LORD AND KING . SAYING "BLESSING,AND HONOUR,AND GLORY,AND POWER, BE UNTO THE LAMB FOR EVER AND EVER.

Will my choice to LOVE the LORD my God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind and all my strength , have an eternal value to our KING ?

It might. It is my soul that wonders such things. My soul wants me to be practical. I remind my soul that I have decided to follow JESUS whether it feels that it is practical or not. There are those who do a lot of things to convince themselves that following JESUS is a practical thing to do. That you will be glad you did it. Just try it ! I think they have entered the room of pleasing God and have not yet found that there is another room to go into. In the room of trusting God , I have found the keys of the KINGDOM.
Thus, righteousness , peace and joy in the HOLY GHOST sound like a good sales pitch for those I see concerned about their souls. However, I am afraid that if I offer it to them , "as a sales pitch" they are liable to come back on me when they find out it is not exactly what they have expected.

I found what I found because I always believed that what was written in the BIBLE applied to me. I always thought that my story (life) is written down somewhere in a book that atleast ONE BEING, (THREE IN ONE ) will read. I have always thought the words in the BIBLE were meant to be helpful to me in my story. That if Martha was told, " there is really only one thing necessary, really only one." It had a meaning for me.

That the less I did myself , and the more I did in the strength the LORD gives me, the better it would smell. (This last statement is not included in the "I have always believed.") I guess this is something I began to believe as I began to "trust God " that what He said to Martha, about Mary, applied to me. Because it takes His strength to put that other stuff aside.
It takes His strength to take off the masks and be real. It takes receiving what He is willing to do . It takes believing that it is okay to not "please Him " but trust Him.

1 comment(s):

Pleasing God and trusting God are certainly two different rooms. Thanks for your comment the other day.

By Blogger Angel, at 5:17 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home