Truefaced

Friday, January 13, 2006

FOOTWASHING: RECAP So now you have the Biblical view of footwashing and you have my view that when Jesus said,"So ought ye to do unto others." He meant it. The short version is : if a brother knows you have not been living the life style of a child of God and it has affected his life in some way (he has ought against you ) . You are to go to that brother and say "I am sorry . This is what I did . I have asked God to forgive. I ask you to forgive me also." When he says, "I forgive you." He should also be willing to do as Jesus would, and wash your feet. When someone comes to you and says, "I have done wrong, will you forgive me ?" We are to say, "I forgive you, may I also wash your feet."
Any person that desires to make a comment please read the full version first.
Bitterness is an emotion that might precede an action of unrighteousness.
However if you have given this sin to God before you have acted on it you have no need to go to your brother . If you have now gotten rid (by allowing Jesus to take care of it) of the sin and the truth is this brother has acted on his bitterness or some other sin that has affected your life . You now have ought against him.
I believe you would be right to ask the Holy Spirit to help him (the brother) remember that he has done this thing. I believe it is right that we should ask the Holy Spirit to convict others for their sins. I believe it is alright to ask the Holy Spirit to convict myself for sin. I believe that the body of Christ would do well if they would let the Holy Spirit do it's job.
I believe that the body of Christ needs to start acting like who we are.
When a brother comes to us and says , "They have sinned ." Stop sugar coating it. If you are who you are in Christ Jesus ,you love that brother, and you can speak the truth in love. You can also forgive him and wash his feet.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home