Truefaced

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Lord we need You here!
Last week we were looking at a map. I was trying to help you identify landmarks that you might see on your journey.
That sounds like a very noble cause. Offering you the gift of my understanding seemed good to me.
Telling you to know just where you are on that map, seems like it is good advice.
If you are still interested in my advice. Please consider this before you start out on your journey again. Don't go alone.
If you have found out where you are, you probably did so with the Lord's help. You may think that all you have to do now is take off and He will follow. This seems to be logical. After all He just met you didn't He ?
Kindly and graciously revealed to you where you are.
He also loves those people around you. He says He identifies Himself in them. If you want His company I suggest , "Don't go alone."

All the reasons I give God for why I must travel alone are really lies.
It is true that some people I would be better off not being with.
However when I start picking and choosing who would be fit to travel with me I begin to get a little pious. Little self righteous. Just a little better than them. Next thing you know there is no one fit to travel with me. I must go alone. Then I say ,"Okay, Lord, I am ready . Let's go."
What do you think He says ?
So I start crying ,"Lord,I want You to go with me."
So if He doesn't show up I just go on alone. I know what the Father wants me to do today. I'll just please Him.
Now that seems to work for awhile , until burn out or some other tragic thing happens. Then I find myself back on that map, somehow right back where I was when I said,"I'll go alone." Then I remember. I cannot harden my heart towards His people and expect Him to tag along.

Being able to go along with His people is just one more step . Just like being able to let Him show you where you are on the map. For me it is step fall, step, step fall. Reaching out to you all is somehow helping with my walk. I don't want to give up when I fall. I want to let the Lord help me up. Show me where I am again, try to love again , and step again.

1 comment(s):

I don't want to go alone. Sometimes, when you find your place on the map, you can't find anyone that will go with you except Jesus. For me to find someone to go with me on this journey, I had to start out by myself and trust that I wasn't going alone, that He was going with me.

By Blogger Chris Beason, at 6:08 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home