Truefaced

Saturday, December 03, 2005

STANDING YET MOVING ? How can that be ? Yet, that is what I feel is happening. The answer of course ,is that the world around me did not stop moving while I was standing. Thus standing , I was moving.
Suddenly I felt that I was being beckoned to walk on water. I was reminded of Lucy's trip through the wardrobe into a new land but my land this time was on water. I smiled as I realized at least one of the Chronicles of Narina started with the adventure in water. C.S. Lewis' books do so remind me of my adventures sometimes.
However, I find greater comfort in seeing parallels with those in the Bible. I have felt that the things the Holy Spirit is leading me to do now can only happen if I keep my eyes on Jesus. Not look at the wind and the waves.
Although some might say, "Don't you mean , to do as Jesus said in His parable about the sower and the seed ?" "Aren't you trying not to let the cares of this world choke out His word ?" I would answer ,"yes ." However while I am doing that, I am expecting miracles to happen. So was the sower of the seed. Could a little seed bring forth anything on it's own ? What brings life to a seed ? Isn't it a miracle that God performs ? However the sower does things to, doesn't he ?
These inspirational thoughts are being fueled with the teaching the HOLY Spirit is pouring through my Pastor at church, as we are studying 2 Kings.
The reason I bring this up is because the Old Testament is so important. The events in the Old Testament helped the people understand what was being taught in the New Testament. These stories were different than that of C.S. Lewis and John Bunyan.
I am so glad my pastor does not go lightly over events such as Elijah & Elisha's stop at Gilgal. He takes the time to make it clear what that means for us today. Same thing as the story of the seed. It must die first before it is fruitful.
My standing is with the hope I am submitting to my flesh being cut off.
It is in hope that as I stand and refuse to go back to my old room of pleasing God but stay in this new room of trusting God , my flesh will someday drop off. It is happening. However, all of my flesh is not gone yet. So I caution others , do not look to me, but look to the author and the finisher of our faith. For I am but an encourager to aid you in your travel.
He alone is the one who can give you strength. He alone is all you need. You do not need me. However, I need Him. If it is His desire for me to encourage you as you read Truefaced Experience then I will trust and obey the best I can. This book has been an encouragement to me to attempt to overcome my fears of being myself and trusting in our Lord's love .
However I am sure that just like any book written ,other than the Bible , there are mistakes. My admonition here is that we look not to the writers of books for anything other than encouragement. Let us look to the Bible for the Way we are to go.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home