Truefaced

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

PLEASING & OBEYING are they the same thing ?
My parents taught me to please them. It was called obeying but it was not really obeying as I have learned the difference between the two words.
To please someone your intent is for their interest.
To obey you are submitting to their authority.
For those of us who are reading the Truefaced Experience book we are realizing the difference between these two words hold apart two separate worlds for us. Will we go on pleasing God , or will we begin to start trusting God ?
So that I am not going to fast for some of you, let me break this down just a little.
Who is the authority in our lives ? Is it God ? Then who should we obey ?
It is God.
If we do what He has laid out for us to do [HOLY BIBLE] with idea we will please Him if we do this, are we trusting ? If we obey His word with faith in His authority ,NOW we are trusting.
I could go on about how I feel God has been gracious to me in convincing me that He is not only my authority but that He is an authority that loves me. This helps tremendously when you approach an invisible God (to our eyes) that you want to obey .
Same way with our children I would think. Aren't the ones who are convinced that their parents love them more able to obey them ?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home