Truefaced

Thursday, November 24, 2005

TRUST & OBEY ,for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus,
but to trust & obey. Young readers may have not ever heard that song .
It was more than just a catchy phrase to sing. I think it holds true as I know of countless times trying to be happy in Jesus doing it another way.
Never did work. At the bottom line most of those times I was trying to see if I couldn't please the people around me and please Jesus at the same time. Although the world would think it was admirable , I know it really stunk !
Gehazi & leprosy. II Kings 5 tells of a story about a guy who was a pleaser. His life was given to serve his master but when the opportunity came to see what his real desires were it became all to evident. He went after the money. Even though he knew it was not his master's wish. He thought somehow he could go on serving his master and have what he wanted to. He got caught pleasing himself !
When all I want to do is please others, I wonder where my desire really is ? Years ago I held onto the scripture that said "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart." While I have been learning to delight myself in the LORD the desires of my heart have been changing. No longer is the man pleasing desire binding me that would keep me from obeying Him. At least I see myself able to do things today that I could not do years ago and it is a delight to realize that it is true, "we are transformed by the renewing of our minds."
Ask my family if they would like to partake of the bread & grape juice our Lord told us "to do this in remembrance of Him" ? Their answers are immaterial to the fact that I have obeyed. Their choices to partake and be thankful with me for our most precious gift , SALVATION from our punishment of sin, is merely a personal choice. My greatest hope & joy would be to know that they have indeed received this gift from our savior and would not fail to acknowledge it. How glad I am to know that the prison warden called man pleasing , has no control over me today. I am ready to serve the LORD with all my heart . I have been set free.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home