Truefaced

Saturday, November 26, 2005

DOING IT RIGHT or TRUSTING TO BE RIGHT !
Let me make it clear that I do not encourage ignorance. I read the Bible to learn what is RIGHT. I do not just assume that because I am trusting God now, to do what is right that I can ignore what He has written out. However I find myself relying on my knowledge rather than His Spirit to perform what I have read.
This grieves me , as I believe it ought, thus I know a fruit of repentance will at some time be seen.
How do I know if it is my idea to do what is right or the Spirit leading me to trust Him to do what is right ? You see both rooms, (pleasing God & trusting God) require doing.
What I have learned to do is expect confirmation to come and confirm to me somehow (I do not decide how) that "yes, this is the Spirit leading you to do this." If it does not come,(the confirmation) I am learning to not do it.
This could be embarrassing if I was a man pleaser.
I told you I would present the opportunity to my children when they came to visit to partake of the Lord's Supper with me. It seemed like a good idea to me. However ,the Holy Spirit never confirmed it. So I did not do it.
I think there will be a time that I and my children do this sacrament together and I will be ready when I see the Spirit leading me to this.
The Holy Spirit is doing a lot in the lives of my family right now.
It is my hope to not quench or hinder the Holy Spirit in any way.
He is the authority in my life. He is the One I want to trust and obey.

1 comment(s):

Being that I am one of your kids, I thought that knowing how I feel (or what was going on in my own heart) about your post would be good for me to share.

Before you emailed me the other day, I myself was thinking that I'd like to have communion (the Lord's Supper). Well, now I've looked for the email and can't find it so maybe it was in one of your posts...but I got the impression that you were wanting to do that with us on Thanksgiving Day. At the time, I thought great! I didn't think anything else about it until today and I thought, oh yeah, we didn't do that. But it's okay, because I'm sitting here now glad that we didn't because I don't think it would have had the same meaning for me that I was wanting. Also, I think that it's very important for all that are involved to be prepared and ready. Both of us may have been ready, but the others that were there may not have been. All in all, I still felt blessed when I left and didn't feel like I'd missed out on anything.

I still find myself struggling not to control God working through me. Control seems like such a strong word to me now so maybe that means I'm not struggling so hard with it. It seems like now I'm struggling with trying to quit trying to guess the outcome, but I've quit trying to throw in what I think would make it better.

It seems strange to say this, but THANK YOU for listening to God. I've found myself saying this quite a few times here lately to different people! Because they listen, I have been encouraged.

By Blogger Chris Beason, at 11:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home