Truefaced

Monday, December 05, 2005

Nope , I did not walk on water ! Perhaps, I was in Narnia when the snows were melting . Walking , sliding, slipping, half falling, crawling, feeling very muddy before it was over is a close description of my adventure.
Turning to the LORD and crying help I remembered a book that has helped me many times before in this journey. HIDING FROM LOVE by Dr.John Townsend. It is a resource book about hiding styles people commonly use . However, I have only found this book helpful when I was really ready to let the LORD help me. Only then have I been able to identify specific hiding styles and comprehend the recommended steps.
An important change in my attitude had to take place before this help ,helped. That was learning to receive grace. Only then could I accept that it would be okay to not be okay. GRACE AWAKENING by Chuck Swindoll really helped me there. Kind of beginning place for the Holy Spirit to start working in my life.
Today as I walk with the LORD, I will be mindful of those hiding styles He showed me . I will ask Him to help me change . I will trust Him to do a work in me.
The prayer Paul prayed for the saints in Philippi encourages me today.
Phil.1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home