Truefaced

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A GOLDEN CALF was worshipped by a people who thought they were pleasing the One who had delivered them from bondage.
It has occurred to me why people might prefer a god who was a golden calf rather than a living God.
No relationship is required.
It is safer when you are just doing and pleasing.
My flesh would rather do it that way.
My flesh does not really want to lay itself out there and risk being hurt.
Is there some way that it can appear I have done it but be safe ?
Fellow mask wearer's , you know there is . How well we know.
Today I will be honest.
Today I will say I am sorry that my flesh would rather serve Him without relationship.
I will trust Him, to work it within me to will and do His good pleasure. It is not okay to continue wearing a mask. I will accept that His grace is sufficient for me.


0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home