Truefaced

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

WHOSE FAULT IS IT ? As I prayed for the Holy Spirit to convict a man leading so many into error , the Holy Spirit reminded me of some things.
Like how many years I had "served the Lord" but deceived.
My pastor taught me that there was a time when the chosen people of God were deceived. (Read those blogs that I talk about a golden calf.)They actually thought that God was pleased with the way they were doing.
The Holy Spirit took that teaching and revealed to me that I had been doing the same thing. Grabbing up bits of information here and there but not really ready to go in and meet the real God.
It was not hard for me to admit to God my sin. Mainly because I had been down that road of deception before. I was raised in a "non-denominational" movement that took a mixture of teachings, including some of the Mormon views of serving Christ. Fortunately for me the Holy Spirit revealed the error of that teaching. Only I fell into another church doctrine, this one with a big emphasis on "Restoration", again after many years, my eyes were opened . It is possibly human nature to blame someone else for our mistakes. Adam did it, Eve did it. How glad I am that we have the hope of receiving a new nature , that of Christ.
What if I had continued to blame those teachers for my years of deception? What if I had never forgiven God for allowing me to be born into the family that I was ? What if I still insisted it was someone else's fault that I had been deceived ?
Unfortunately I know the answer to that .
I know of years of being bitter and resentful .
I know of years of being reluctant to submit to any authority again.
I know of years of being unable to see who I was in Christ Jesus.

Yet, one thing I knew, it ought not be so.
I sought Him and I sought Him and He redeemed my soul.
So with joy and gladness I confess now ,
and with much pleasure I receive.
The joy of His salvation as He comforts me.

His grace is sufficient for every weakness of my flesh.
His love is greater than any sin I might commit.
He willingly washes my feet, if I will let Him.
So you see my friends, I really really do know.

Dear friends I have enjoyed sharing with you the truths the Lord shares with me. You know of course, I am just sharing and there may be bones in the fish I give you. Always be ready to spit them out.
There will be a change in my life soon. A wonderful blessing that I have enjoyed for several years is about to be taken away from me. I have decided as of Feb 1 to begin a new blog , titled a Voice in the Valley.
I will just put it over on the side. My hope to encourage others to be real with God has been squelched temporarily. I will return again, when it returns.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home