Truefaced

Saturday, January 21, 2006

CREATE IN ME A CLEAN HEART , O GOD, AND RENEW A RIGHT SPIRIT WITHIN ME. Ps 51:10 As Christians we know that we can live a righteous looking life.Only God knows if your spirit is right. Those who wear the mask think that anyway. Doing what you do with a wrong spirit surely will show over time. It's what Truefaced Experience is about. Learning how to take off that mask and let God create in you a clean heart. Let God renew a right spirit within you.
When I was an affirmation addict my righteous walk was dictated by what other people thought was right. As an affirmation addict I really fed on admiration . Righteousness that was based on works really fed my addiction. However, I also believed that the Bible was the inspired word of God. So not only did I need to do what my fellow believers thought was right I needed to do what I thought God wanted me to do to. I sought His admiration as well. When I found His admiration could not be found by works alone I began to see I needed to make a choice here. Whose admiration would be more important ? His or theirs ?
However the loss of people's affirmation that I was doing the right thing was very hard. Yet, somehow I managed to do it , almost sure they were right and I was wrong. Except for one thing : to do what they thought I should do, I could not do with a right spirit.
Those many years ago was really when the Truefaced Experience had begun in me. A realization that my works of righteousness was as dirty rags , that stunk ! A sense of knowing if it was His work within me that was producing the righteous actions, I would also know I had a right spirit.
Or atleast desire one. Earlier this week , I thought perhaps I would be embittered by the things I saw going on around me. A wrong spirit is sure to follow bitterness. Only a good thing is happening now that I am secure in God's love, (not just His admiration) . I was able to go to Him with the problem and get an answer.
When people do things , it is important to me that I respond the way Jesus would. And as I just said, not just do what Jesus would but have the right spirit . Since I feel His spirit of love is growing within me for the situation I am hopeful of a good outcome. Atleast for me, because I am not living to feed my admiration addiction any more. It doesn't mean that I won't stumble and fall. It means that I believe His right hand is there to hold me up. Remember our room to trust God ? Remember my desire to speak the truth in love ?
This blog helps me grow ! As I hope to be speaking the truth in love to you all , the Bride of Christ to be. Yet also encourage you all to be speakers of truth in love. There are so many who need to hear truth and so many who need love. If you do not sense the Spirit of the Lord upon you that will give you love and boldness please know that you are only a second away from having it. We are encouraged in God's word to ask for it and I do daily.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home