Truefaced

Thursday, January 26, 2006

SUBMISSION.... DENIAL..... HOGWASH.... My mommy told me something a little girl should know....it is all about the devil and how I learned to hate him so....whenever he came in the room I faced him with a grin.....I opened up my heart and let the sonshine in. Can you imagine anyone having their little five year old daughter sing that on a Saturday night for a group of folks who'd come to town. It was all so innocent.
It was a cute song. I know. They did not even think about the words really. How could they, "smile at the devil ?" really, get rid of him ? Sounds like positive thinking propaganda to me.
Right now spiritual warfare is the topic of many of my Christian friends conversations. It fits in with what I want to tell them about submission , but I don't know how. I am not a skilled teacher. Some where along the way someone said, the problem with you is you are not submissive. It was about that time I discovered the truth about being transformed by the renewing of your mind . I decided to read Psalms 51 out loud to myself every morning, I don't know how long. My Bible still opens to it if you just kind of give it shove.
All I know is being submissive is an important part of spiritual warfare.
We are at war constantly. I know this because there isn't a day goes by that the enemy takes a day off. Everyday I ask the Lord Jesus to protect me. He is the one who does the warring. It is unto Him that I must submit. When I was in the room of pleasing God instead of trusting God my willingness to submit was quenched. Every step I took I needed to please Him. Now every step I want to trust Him.
I submit to Him and I trust Him. He submitted Himself to the Father. He places people in my life, I submit to them, that their joy may be full. There are people that are to submit to me, I do my part, they either do or don't do theirs. It would be a joy to council them if they submitted to my council. When they treat my council as hogwash, I wonder if I have cast my pearls before swine ? Especially when the council is based on the Word of God. It will not return void. I wonder what will happen to them. I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them. Not that my council be esteemed, but that God's Word be revered as it ought to be. Fortunately not all of the council the Lord gives me to share is ignored. 1Cr 16:16 That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with [us], and laboureth. Hbr 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that [is] unprofitable for you. 1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home