Truefaced

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Submission...Authority...Waiting...
(with a right spirit).Surely you've heard the story about the little boy who was told over and over to sit down. Finally he obeyed and he sat down, but when he was given a chance to talk he said,
"I was sitting down, but I was standing up on the inside." That is how I have been feeling and I knew it was not right. Only how do you change stuff like that ? There is no light switch on the inside of us that you flip, now you have a right spirit, now you don't. Wouldn't it be nice if there was.
God's word is what changes me. When the Holy Spirit shows me my situation in the Bible and I feel this understanding and peace. Then I know I am on way to change. First of all that in itself lines up with being transformed by the renewing of our minds. Second of all it works !
Being ready to do something that God wants you to do and not having approval granted from those in authority is not a new scenario. Joesph was one person who knew this well. David was another. God sent Samuel to anoint him to be king while there was still another king on the throne. Not only did his king in authority over him not agree with God about who David was to be, he did not like David very much either. David had to run,or at least he chose to run. How did he do it ,Lord ? I asked Him today. How did he manage to not be bitter while he was out there running for his life ? All the while he knew he was suppose to be king.
David was a man after God's own heart. I imagine it was because David reminded Him of His own son who would come to earth one day.
He thought it not robbery to lower Himself to be like us, when He had the highest place of all. He was God. We know Him as Jesus.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home